There are many people that volunteer with us and they all come for a variety of reasons. For some it is a way to add more meaning to their travels and for others it is the personal motivation to help others. Some people are passionate about a particular cause and in the case of Tuk Tuk for Children, some volunteers simply come because they are Tuk Tuk enthusiasts. (Well only one person and he is a founder of the organisation). Regardless of the motivation, what unites them all is that they find it both challenging and rewarding.
When you volunteer with Tuk Tuk for Children you can be sure that;
- You do not have to pay to volunteer….. EVER. You already give enough so why would we try to milk you for money as well.
- You will work directly in the community for those who volunteer in Cambodia. You work directly for the Cambodian people for all of you virtual volunteers out there.
- You are on your own schedule. Some people like to work 10hrs a day 7 days a week and others don’t get out of bed until 11am. You are a volunteer and not a slave, we will tailor your volunteering experience to suit your expectations.
- You will be given the support that you need to ensure your volunteer experience makes the most impact. Not only will we show you around town, take you to the market, help you shop and show you all the good restaurants, we will also introduce you to other volunteers or friendly locals and support you with visa extensions and weekend getaway ideas. When you volunteer with us you become one of our family. Sound too full on for you? No worries we can give you as much space as you need also.
- As a registered Australian Charity, we are happy to write a reference based on your volunteering experience. It can be a great way to improve your resume or university entrance application.
And of course there are a whole list of other reasons to volunteer including;
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Help others less fortunate or without a voice
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Drive a Tuk Tuk
- Spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- A chance to socialise
- Getting to know the local community
- Expending all of that positive energy has been known to have a positive impact on health.
We do ask our volunteers to stay with us at the Tukqwarters. Our rates are reasonable and the quality of lodging is good. By staying with us, (and you do need to stay somewhere right?), you help to cover the office costs and be a part of our community. Further to this we do ask all volunteers to get involved in the Tuk Tuk Theatre project if there is room. TTT is all about bringing different experiences to the kids and what better way to do that than to bring different volunteer!